EUROPEAN CENTER FOR GEOLOGICAL EDUCATION
- FACILITY CATE: PUBLIC UTILITY FACILITY- HOTEL AND CONFERENCE CENTRE WITH LABORATORY AND EDUCATIONAL FACILITIES
- INVESTOR: UNIVERSITY OF WARSAW
- LOCATION: CHĘCINY, POLSKA
- USABLE AREA 6,500 m2
- DATE: 2015
- COST: PLN 30 mln
– 2nd prize in An International Competition and Invitation to Direct Negotiations.
Organiser: University of Warsaw and Association of Polish Architects. (SARP) 2012.
– European Property Awards: Best Public Service Architecture 2015- 2016 for the European Center for Geological Education
– Eco- and User-Friendly Facility of the Year in The Eurobuild Awards for Architecture 2016
– Nominated for Mies van der Rohe Award 2017
PATRYCJA MICHALAK – DĘBIEC
The ECEG complex is comprised of five buildings: The Main Building, the Educational Building, with the laboratory, and three modularhotel buildings- two student halls of residence, and one high- standard facility for guests of the Center was designed with a capacity for ce.240 guests.
Heat pumps with a ground heat exchangerprovide the buildings with the main source of heat and cooling. The lower source is comprised of 91 wells to a depth of 120 m.